Your privacy is important to us and we undertake to respect and honor your concerns about maintaining strict privacy.
This Privacy Statement ("Privacy Statement") applies to information collected by and from Progressive Business Media's ("Progressive Business Media," "we," or "us") websites, mobile websites, apps and the like (the "Progressive Business Media"). Progressive Business Media is committed to protecting the privacy of its Users ("Users," or "you"). We have created the following Privacy Statement to give you an overview of the type of information we collect, how the information is used and how the information is safeguarded. Information is collected from Users by Progressive Business Media through the use of the Progressive Business Media. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by Progressive Business Media.
By visiting and/or using any of the Progressive Business Media, you consent to the practices described in this Privacy Statement. If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should contact Progressive Business Media by e-mail at email@example.com.
A. WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
In order to personalize and improve your experience throughout the Progressive Business Media, we collect information about our Users in a variety of ways. In some cases, Progressive Business Media asks Users directly for information in order for them to purchase products or use our services, and, in other cases, information is collected automatically as Users are using Progressive Business Media. You may choose not to provide certain information, but then you may not be able to purchase products or take advantage of certain features we offer.
The following is a summary of the kinds of information we collect:
1. Active Collection.
Progressive Business Media collects certain information either voluntarily or as required in order to register with Progressive Business Media or use certain Progressive Business Media services or features. This type of information includes:
· Contact information, such as name, company name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone and FAX numbers.
· Shipping or transaction information, such as billing address and financial information (credit card number and expiration date) if you choose to purchase products offered for sale on one or more of the Progressive Business Media.
· Demographic information about the User and/or the User's company/institution.
· Information you enter in forms and optional surveys or contests, such as name and e-mail address.
· Information provided in connection with discussions on bulletin boards, in chat rooms, and in messaging or other interactive services.
· Information provided in e-mail requests and communications.
· Information from other sources. In order to personalize our services by providing better product recommendations or special offers we may think will interest you, we may request and receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. We also sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily. In addition, we may acquire User names, e-mail addresses and mailing addresses for select mailings from third parties.
2. Passive Collection
Some information is collected automatically while you are using Progressive Business Media. It is important to note that Progressive Business Media stores this information to ensure its Users receive optimal service while using Progressive Business Media services. This type of information includes:
· Log Files: Log files information, such as IP addresses, browser type, domain names, number of page views, login frequency, page or section accesses. Log files are used to track user usage and engagement and to gauge the effectiveness of our different services. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer Progressive Business Media Web sites.
· Progressive Business Media also uses third parties to provide services to you on behalf of Progressive Business Media, and in doing so they may set cookies on the site for functionality such as Live Chat and web analytic services. If you reject these cookies, you may not be permitted to use these features. Also, we use a third party to provide web analytic services which allows Progressive Business Media to track website usage statistics and checkout information. For additional information regarding the information made available to third parties by Progressive Business Media, see How Does Progressive Business Media Use the Information Collected provided below.
For information on how to have your browser disable cookies or provide a warning before accepting a cookie, please refer to the cookie options in your browser's Options or Preferences menu.
· Progressive Business Media employs a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that helps us better manage content across our sites by informing us what content is effective. We use clear gifs in our HTML-based e-mails to let us know which e-mails the recipients have opened. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. In addition, clear gifs may be set by third parties to track sales resulting from Internet advertising campaigns and banner advertisements appearing on other web sites. If Users would like to opt-out of these e-mails, they should see the Opt-out section.
B. HOW DOES PROGRESSIVE BUSINESS MEDIA USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED?
Progressive Business Media endeavors to comply with state, local and federal laws regarding the preservation and archiving of information collected. In addition to the uses described elsewhere in this Privacy Statement, Progressive Business Media may use the information you provide in the following ways:
· To contact you about our products and services or about your use of the Progressive Business Media.
· For marketing and promotional purposes.
· For catalog mailings if you request to receive a catalog.
· To respond to your comments or requests or to request feedback regarding our products or services.
· For billing purposes, to facilitate transactions and to fill User orders in connection with purchases of products offered by Progressive Business Media.
· For the specific purpose for which the information was provided.
Progressive Business Media operates globally so it may be necessary from time to time to transfer your information internationally. In particular, a User's information will likely be transferred to and processed in the United States where many of our central databases operate. The data protection and related laws of other countries, such as the United States, may not be as comprehensive as those in your country. Please be assured that we take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using the Progressive Business Media, you consent to your information being collected, used and transferred as set forth in this Privacy Statement.
C. HOW DOES PROGRESSIVE BUSINESS MEDIA COMMUNICATE WITH USERS?
Progressive Business Media communicates with its Users when it has new products or services it feels are of special interest to you. Unless you opt-out of communications from Progressive Business Media, you will receive the following types of communications:
· Special Offers and Updates. Users will occasionally receive information on products, services and special deals or coupons from Progressive Business Media and its partners. Out of respect for the privacy of our Users, we present the option to not receive these types of communications. Please see the Choice/Opt-out section.
· User Care. We communicate with Users on a regular basis to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account.
· Refer a friend. If a User elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site(s), we ask them for the friend's contact information. Progressive Business Media will automatically send the friend an e-mail inviting him/her to visit the site(s). Progressive Business Media maintains this information for the purpose of sending e-mail and tracking the success of our referral program. The friend may contact Progressive Business Media to request the removal of this information from our database by sending an e-mail requesting removal to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 336-605-1076, during regular business hours.
D. WHAT INFORMATION IS SHARED WITH THIRD PARTIES?
Information about our Users is an important part of our business. Progressive Business Media discloses information you provide to us with third parties as described below.
· We will share your information with independent contractors, service providers and consultants who assist us in our business or in providing Users with goods or services. However we will only share such personally identifiable information, as we deem necessary for them to carry out their obligations to Progressive Business Media. Third parties are obligated to only use and/or disclose your personally identifiable information for the purpose for which Progressive Business Media disclosed the information to them, and no other purpose.
· We share aggregated, non-personally identifiable, demographic information with independent contractors, service providers, consultants, advertisers and other partners.
· Progressive Business Media investors receive reports on number of Users, items purchased, page views, logins, etc. They do not receive any personally identifiable information.
· In the event that Progressive Business Media goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, Users' personal information generally is one of the transferred business assets. For more information, see our Notification of Changes section below.
· Progressive Business Media will disclose personal information if necessary to fulfill our service obligations or if required to do so by law or if in our good faith judgment, such action is reasonably necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on Progressive Business Media, to respond to any claims, or protect the rights of Progressive Business Media and its Users and the public.
· Other than as described above, you will receive notice when information about you may go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. Progressive Business Media has implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect User information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Progressive Business Media may offer links to other Web sites. Please be aware that Progressive Business Media is not responsible for the privacy practices of such linked sites, including sites of our partners. We encourage our Users to be aware of this when they leave any of the Progressive Business Media and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information.
G. SURVEYS AND CONTESTS
From time to time, our sites request information from Users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address) and demographic information or your name and e-mail address. Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Anonymous survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of Progressive Business Media Web sites.
None of the Progressive Business Media Web sites are directed at children, and Progressive Business Media does not sell products for purchase by children. We may, however, sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under the age of 18, you may use Progressive Business Media Web sites only with involvement and authorization of a parent or guardian.
I. CHOICE/OPT OUT
Progressive Business Media gives Users the ability to opt-out of receiving future communications. To opt-out of email communications follow the "un-subscribe" links included at the bottom of email communications or send an email to email@example.com.
J. NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
Progressive Business Media reserves the right to make changes to the Privacy Statement at any time. If we plan to make significant changes to any of our privacy policies or practices with respect to how we use personally identifiable information, we will post those changes to www.progressivebusinessmedia.com 30 days before they take effect so our Users are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. Please review our Privacy Statement periodically to see recent changes.
K. ADDRESSING PRIVACY & SECURITY CONCERNS
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, the practices or your dealings with any Progressive Business Media Web sites, or wish to receive a printed version of this Privacy Statement, please contact us:
Progressive Business Media
7025 Albert Pick Road, Suite 200
Greensboro, NC 27409
L. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Progressive Business Media
7025 Albert Pick Road, Suite 200
Greensboro, NC 27409
In your request, please specify the particular product, service and site within the Progressive Business Media Web sites to which your request pertains.